<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Spring Fever
Saturday, March 04, 2006


This week's Saturday8 meme:

sat-8 :: spring fever


1.   have you gone on spring break before?     if so, where, and if not, why?     No, I never really got into the whole "spring-break" mentality, and I don't feel as if I missed out on anything.     I've traveled extensively, and had a blast, so ...


2.   do you take a spring vacation?     Sometimes.     It all depends on schedules, opportunities, options, etc.


3.   if you had (or have) a spring vacation, what would be your first choice to do?    skiing in vermont?    a week in the keys?     Definitely a beach - east coast, west coast, Caribbean - doesn't matter, as long as there is sand, surf and sun!


4.   in your home/apartment, do you do spring cleaning?     To a degree, but not in the 1950's term of spring cleaning.     There is a decluttering and a weeding out, tossing out, and donating of unused items, clothes, etc.


5.   in your area, what is your weather generally like in mid-march?     It depends - some years it is in the 50's, some years it is in the 70's, some years it is raining, thirteen years ago we had a freak thunder-snow that dropped over 2 feet of dry snow in mid-March.     So, there's no way to predict March weather in the South.


6.   spring is my favourite season ... do you share my sentiment, prefer another season?     I like Spring, but my favorite season is Autumn.


7.   do you do anything differently in spring than you do any other time of the year? (plant flowers/garden, take off the snow tires, etc.)     I drop the top on my convertible, I move my plants back out onto the 3-season sunporch, we grill more meals outside, the three dogs get a buzz-cut, and we plan more short and long trips on the Harley.


8.   what are your plans for this weekend?     I have to fulfill two article deadlines by Saturday.     Sunday, we are meeting seven friends for brunch after church.     In between, there are tons of little incidentals that have to be handled before the weekend is over, and maybe I can even squeeze a movie in at some point.

(c)      2006     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 1:36 PM
by Kitty :: permalink
|