<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Wednesday Mind Hump
Wednesday, February 15, 2006


It's Wednesday once again, and that means another Wednesday Mind Hump courtesy of BlogdriveInsanity!     This week's Hump has a Valentine's theme...


1.   Valentine's Day - love it, like it, tolerate it or hate it?
I'm somewhere between like and tolerate, I think.     Valentine's Day is just so commercialized.     Most any other day of the week/month, you can purchase the same flowers/chocolates for 1/10th of what they charge you on V-Day, just because they know they can.     Even though I'm 1/2 of a couple, it is just such a over-commercialized holiday -- greeting cards, florists, restaurants with 2-hour waits even with a reservation (that's the voice of experience talking!) -- it takes the warm-fuzzy feelings out of the day when big-business sticks all of their fingers into the pie.     I did receive some nice gifts, though -- and not the usual V-Day sort.     I'm calling today to schedule my hour-long, deep-tissue, full body massage (gift certificate).


2.   Who or what is on your "love list" right now?
My s.o., my five cats, three dogs, my friends, my parents ... hopefully my new nutritionist/accupuncturist that I'm scheduled to see next week, my favorite Japanese restaurant in Chattanooga that I got to visit last week that I hadn't been to in over eight months, and the cool rice cooker I got for Christmas that makes perfect killer rice.


3.   What does your own personal candy heart say?
Dangerous!


4.   Will you be my valentine next year? (asks rfduck the music-loving mememeister...)
Of course, I'd be honored ... one can never have too many valentines!

(c)      2006     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 9:43 AM
by Kitty :: permalink
|