<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday Madness - Potpourri
Monday, August 29, 2005


This week's Monday Madness meme:



1.   Do you own a dishwasher (and if not, do you even want one), or do you have to do your dishes by hand?

A.  I've always had a dishwasher in all of my apartments and, then, in all of my houses.     I would rather not do dishes by hand, but some things require it -- such as my antique (family heirloom) china and antique gold (family heirloom) flatware - both of which are only used for holidays and special dinner parties - and certain items on an as-needed hand-washing basis.     All-in-all, I'm a dishwasher-devotee.


2.   Do you put your dishes away immediately after washing them?

A.  Either as soon as the dishwasher stops or, if the dishwasher runs overnight, I put them away the next morning.


3.   In the warm weather, do you like hanging your laundry out on the clothesline to dry, or do you prefer a dryer?

A.  When I was a kid, it was a treat to have freshly-laundered, line-dried clothes, sheets, etc., but - now - there are so many pollutants in the air, and so many types of bugs everywhere, that I would rather put my laundry in the dryer with dryer sheets or hang it on hangers inside the laundry room.     I hate (translate - am terrified of) bugs!


4.   How many loads of laundry are done in your household each week?

A.  Amazingly enough, I probably do ten or more loads per week, and there are only two of us living in the house, and I work from home most days (only meeting clients, editors, etc. a few times a month).     I don't understand how my s.o. can generate so much laundry!


5.   Do you own a pet?   If so, do you buy them presents for holidays?   Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled?   If you don't own one, do you think you will one day?

A.  I don't "own" pets -- they "own" me!     I have five cats and three dogs.    Yes, I buy them gifts for holidays and birthdays.    Spoiled?     They are all spoiled rotten!


6.   It's Friday evening and you're planning your weekend.   What's on your agenda?

A.  Planning at least one or two trips on the Harley - generally for Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, calling our friends Charles & Barbara to see if they want to get together at some point during the weekend - w/ or w/o including the Harley, planning either breakfast or lunch out at least one day during the weekend, and just hanging out for a couple of days with a break in the 'action' of the usual rat-race of the workweek.


(c)      2005     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 9:02 AM
by Kitty :: permalink
|