<$BlogRSDUrl$>


I'll Be Your Shoulder . . .
Thursday, June 30, 2005


This week's The Thursday Threesome meme:

::"I'll be your shoulder when you cry"::



Onesome - I'll be -   What did you want to grow up to be when you were a child?   If you aren't fulfilling your childhood dream, what made you change it?

A.   I never really played "dolls" as a child.     I always played either one of two role-playing games (even as a very young child), sometimes incorporating the two.     I either wanted to be a police detective or a newspaper reporter.     My poor Mother has been "interviewed" about every imaginary crime I could conceive, and I would return to my "office" -- which contained a desk, a beat-up old manual typewriter, and assorted office equipment, and I would type up my reports on the crimes of the century!     I did graduate with a degree in Journalism, and I do a lot of freelance work for newspapers, magazines, on-line and other publications.     Not as glamorous as I envisioned it all those years ago . . .



Twosome - Your shoulder -   Who's your confidant?   Who do you run to when you need emotional support?

A.   Chuck.     Always has been, always will be, my only confidant.     I can (and do) tell him -- everything.     I'm never afraid of any judgment on his part.     He is the one "constant" in my otherwise chaotic life.



Threesome - When you cry -   What makes you cry?   The scent of flowers?   Allergies?   Or are you just super-sensitive to that sad song you always seem to hear on the radio lately?

A.   I admit it -- I'm a softy . . . I cry at old movies, even ones I've watched fifty times before.     Sometimes I'll watch them just because I need a "good-cry."     Songs that remind me of good times, or good friends, or great memories will make me cry . . . sometimes I'll even cry over cartoons.     And, sometimes I cry over what might have been, or what should have been . . .     Life isn't always fair, and it isn't always easy . . . but, . . . somehow, we find ways to muddle through . . .




(c)      2005     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 11:32 AM
by Kitty :: permalink
|