<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday Madness - New Year
Monday, January 03, 2005

The first Monday Madness meme for the new year:


Name...
1. The most exciting thing that happened in your life this past year.
This is hard to narrow down.     I would have to list several things -- getting our Harley-Davidson, traveling back to Carpinteria, CA and spending a week in a B&B, and moving back to the South (closer to family and friends).


2. Three resolutions that you've thought about making.
(1)  Stop consuming sodas (caffeine and sugar);   (2)   Drink more water;   (3)   Pursue more avenues for selling my artwork in boutiques.


3. Your biggest accomplishment this past year.
Getting my annual holiday event approved by Chase's Calendar of Events.


4. Your biggest challenge this past year.
Surviving my s.o.'s six months of unemployment while he was in the process of purchasing his own business.


5. Something you tried for the first time (whether it be food, a sport, a hobby, etc.)
No limit Texas hold'em poker.     Addictive, fun (and, potentially, extremely expensive).


...and this next one comes from Andrea...
6. Name 3 (or however many) things that happened this year that you did not anticipate happening. And on the flip side, name 3 (or however many) things that didn't happen this year that you expected to happen. These could be personal things, professional things, national things, things in the news; anything really.
(1) Selling my "dream" 107 year old Victorian farm w/acreage after the struggles to purchase it and the renovations we completed on it;   (2)   Moving back South, closer to family and friends; and   (3)   Buying a new construction house after we began looking for a historic 100+ year old house with acreage.     (1)  One of my best friends was scheduled to deploy to Iraq in the Summer, but that was postponed until after the first of the year;   (2)   The same best friend found out that he doesn't have to go to Iraq due to his ACL surgery last Spring; and   (3)   My cousin to try to spend more time with me since I moved closer to home (she never visited during the three years I lived in the D.C. area, and never visited during the five years that I lived in Memphis, TN - even though I came home and visited her often).


...and this one comes from Storyteller...
7. Where do you (or WOULD you) go for inspiration when you run out of questions for a meme?
Books, movies, music, and television.


8. Something you'd like to accomplish (or do) this coming year that you didn't get a chance to do last year.
Getting my column syndicated, and my artwork in more shoppes and boutiques.

(c)      2005     A Southern Belle's Life




Posted at 1:54 PM
by Kitty :: permalink
|