<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday Madness - Hows & Whys
Monday, December 20, 2004

This week's Monday Madness meme:


1. From Becky... How did you learn about computers?     Were you self taught?

A.  I was hired in a temp-to-perm position in a hospital billing office, and sat in front of a computer for data entry.     It was either learn quick, or lose my job.     I learned quick - and never stopped learning.


2. From Tom... What is your favorite color and why is it your favorite color?

A.  This is very hard.     I would have to say "green," although brown and other earth-tones rank right up there, too.     I like green because it is like the newness of life in Springtime.     Yet, all of the earth-tones remind me of my favorite time of year -- Autumn.


3. From Olivia... What one thing going on in the world right now, has the most effect on you personally?

A.  The war in Iraq.     Until last week, one of my best friends was scheduled for deployment after the first of the year.     Luckily, a medical condition that occurred last March (torn ACL, with surgery) caused the doctor with final approval for fitness-for-combat, denied his orders to be deployed.     Still, the other soldiers there are always on my mind.     I would encourage everyone to visit anysoldier.com and "adopt" a soldier to keep in touch with while they are far away from home.


4. From Barb... If you were going to develop your own meme, what kind would you create?

A.  I have, and it is a photo and URL scavenger hunt.     It can be found here: Scavenger Hunt Memes.


5. From Sherle... Why do you enjoy answering memes?

A.  They provide a good writing exercise to keep "writer's block" at bay.


6. From Teresa... What is your wildest dream?

A.  That's hard to answer -- I have more than a few -- but, I guess I would have to say worldwide success as a highly celebrated author with immediate recognition (such as John Grisham, Stephen King, J. K. Rowling, et. al)


7. From Mz. Em... Why do you answer these questions?
A.See answer #5 above.  

(c)      2004     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 1:07 PM
by Kitty :: permalink
|