<$BlogRSDUrl$>


With Prejudice
Thursday, November 18, 2004

Today's Diarist.Net spark:


With Prejudice - 18 November 2004


Everyone has certain preconceived notions, borne of their culture, their background, the media, et cetera.    How egalitarian do you think you are?     Where do you think your views are still skewed and why?


Coming from a strong Southern background, I have worked very hard to overcome the stereotypical perceptions that others have that Southerners are prejudiced, biased, racist, and a multitude of other characteristics.     My bottom-line is . . . I either like you, or I don't!     It has nothing to do with race, creed, color, religion, or any preferences that may exist.     It is based on whether we "click" or not on a friendly basis.     I think that by rising above my "roots," so to speak, I've developed a very well-defined egalitarian view of the world.



(c)      2004     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 1:43 PM
by Kitty :: permalink
|