<$BlogRSDUrl$>


The Friday Five - Thanksgiving
Friday, November 26, 2004

This week's The Friday Five meme:



1)    as a child, where did you go for Thanksgiving and who was there?

A.    We stayed at home, and my Mother cooked a feast for me, my Dad and my Mother.



2)    what food(s) do you remember best/were tradition then?

A.    Slow-roasted turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, candied yams, pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie.



3)    where do you celebrate now, and with whom?

A.    At my s.o.'s mother's house.    It is me, my s.o., my parents, my s.o.'s mother, my s.o.'s sister and brother-in-law, his brother and sister-in-law, and his uncle and uncle's wife.



4)    has your menu changed (if so, whats new?)?

A.    Yes.     His mother has a black olives, broccoli and squash casseroles, and stuffing.    I stick with the old favorites from my childhood and let everyone else have the casseroles and stuffing.



5)    what are you thankful for this year?

A.    My s.o., good friends, great parents, a brand-new house in a town closer to "home," and animals that love me unconditionally.



(c)      2004     A Southern Belle's Life


Posted at 10:28 AM
by Kitty :: permalink
|