<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Ten Really Scary Movies
Tuesday, October 19, 2004


This week's Ten on Tuesday meme responses:

"Halloween is just around the corner, and one of my favorite things to do is invite some friends over and watch a scary movie (but not TOO scary because I'm a chicken).     So in the mood of the season, share with us your top ten scary movies!"


This is really hard for me because . . . I find most "scary-movies" actually rather amusing (so sue me - I have a sick & twisted sense of humor!).     I'm not sure I can come up with ten and, as a caveat, I must say that I won't go for the usual slashers (Halloween, Nightmare, etc.) as those are too predictable and cookie-cutter for me.     Okay, here goes . . .


  1. The Omen (this one was scary);
  2. When A Stranger Calls;
  3. The Last House On The Left;
  4. Night Of The Living Dead (a little campy);
  5. The Vanishing;
  6. Se7en;
  7. Rosemary's Baby;
  8. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?;
  9. Burnt Offerings;
  10. The Legend of Hell House.

And, an Honorable Mention goes to: The Amityville Horror.


Hmmmmmmmmm?!?, once I got started, it was a little easier than I thought.     But, still, I had to "think" about it for a while as most of the movies that popped into my head that are classified as "horror" are more "camp-and-humor," imo.


(c)     2004     A Southern Belle's Life



Posted at 1:59 PM
by Kitty :: permalink
|