<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Electric Mind Hump
Wednesday, October 20, 2004

From this week's Wednesday Mind Hump - Week 41 meme:


It's Hump Day again -- isn't that electrifying?     It should be especially since today is Electricity Day which commemorates Benjamin Franklin's historic kite flight waaaaaay back in 1752.     What a shocking discovery!    *rolls eyes*    Hmmmm, kite, key, storm ... sounds like Ol' Ben could have easily joined our crazy clique.     Maybe what they say is true ... "There's a fine line between genius and insanity."     Hey!     Does that mean we're all borderline geniuses?     Woo Hoo!


Let's charge our minds with a little pre-humping action --


Tell us about a memorable shocking (or odd, interesting, valuable) discovery.     Example: Mom lied.     No matter how many goofy faces I make my face will NOT get stuck like that forever.     Or -- if you wrap celery in aluminum foil it will stay fresh and crispy for weeks.     Or -- Trix really ARE for kids!.     You get the point.

A.  A friend, who had no reason to lie about his "relationship status" because our friendship was beyond those superficial hang-ups, told me that he was living with this woman.     Four months later, I find out (because the woman calls me because my # is on the caller id) and identifies herself as his wife.     I find out they've been married for over two months at that time.     Major situation on the lying front - especially since there wasn't a reason for it!


Here we go -- ladies and gentleman, start your humps.

This week, some "getting to know you fun" with a wittle wobble.


01.    If you had an off/on switch, what would you want it to switch off/on instantly?

A.  The tendency to interject before the other person has finished their sentence (especially since it really pisses me off when someone does it to me!).

02.    Your favorite celebrity will be knocking on your door in exactly one minute.    Considering you only have one minute, what would you do before you answer the door and how would you greet them?

A.  Check my hair and make-up.   Take several deep breathes so I'm not hyperventilating.     Greet them with a warm and sincere hello and invite them in.     If they're knocking on the door, they chose to come - so, it's a chance to get to know one another.     I would just try to treat them like any other guest in my home.

03.    If you could save time in a bottle, what time(s) would you save?

A.  1980-1981, the Summer and Autumn of 1987, the Summer of 1992, all of the great times with Marshall, Renea, Jon, and Toby, February 2003, a week in September 2003, a few days in December 2003, a few days in January 2004, concerts, parties, and those long telephone calls with CC.

04.    Look around you.    First, tell us what room you're in.    Now, name the first red thing you see ... likewise blue, and yellow.

A.  I'm in my studio/office.    The first red thing I see is the Alabama Crimson Tide mouse-pad.     The first blue thing I see is a New York Police Department ball cap.     The first yellow thing I see is the gold Mardi Gras beads hanging from a bulletin board.

05.    If you had a peephole in your head, what might people see when they peep in?

A.  Chaos!


(c)   2004    A Southern Belle's Life


Posted at 1:19 PM
by Kitty :: permalink
|